Knights of Columbus – Good Shepherd Council
The Knights of Columbus is a religious based Fraternal Organization. Our main tenets are Charity, Unity, Fraternity and Patriotism.
Below is a list of things the Good Shepherd Knights have done.
- We maintain the Shrine of St. Jude on Church property
- We sell tickets for the Church’s Annual raffle.
- We run a free game booth for children at the Church’s Annual Family Day. All costs, including prizes for every child who plays is paid for by us.
- We belong to the Holbrook Chamber of Commerce and actively participate in their meeting and appropriate events such as Annual Fair, Christmas Tree Lighting and setting up town Nativity Scene
- We sponsor a “Peanut Butter & Jelly Gang” that prepares food and wash-up kits for the poor
- We participate in the annual Memorial Day Parade and place wreaths at the Veterans monument and the Holbrook Fire House
- We run an Annual Chinese Auction to raise money for Charity
- We invite family and friends of all our members to our Installation and follow with a repast
- The Council conducts 5 Blood Drives per year
- Monthly Rosary is prayed at Good Shepherd Church
- Members and families participate in an Annual Pilgrimage to the Shrine of Our Lady of the Island
- We participate in the Church’s Family Day by running a free game booth for children and sponsoring a ride
- Each year we invite members, families and friends of deceased members to a memorial mass followed by a repast and social hour
- We maintain the monument to the Unborn on Church property
- We belong to and support the activities of the Long Island Coalition for Life
- We support the annual March for Life and other silent vigils
- Sponsor Cub Scout #607, pay for various awards and leader training and attend the annual Blue & Gold Dinner
- The Council supports the Priesthood by granting an annual Scholarship to a Seminarian
- The Council supports higher Education by granting an annual College Scholarship
- Offer an annual Catholic Grammar School Scholarship of $500 in memory of deceased member Pasquale DeVitto
- Participating in running Special Olympics
- We hold an annual Christmas Party for children of members and parish families in need
- We sponsor various events to honor Altar Servers
- We sponsor an Oktoberfest Dinner/Dance for the Parish
- We sponsor yard sales for the benefit of church & charitable causes.
- We sponsor a Safe Driver Course for the Parishioners
- We created a sitting area at a home for the elderly
- We conduct a prayer service at the wake for deceased members
- The Council provides assistance to Stony Brook Veterans Hospital
- The Council supports Parish Outreach
- The Council supports The Bishops Programs
- The Council sponsors “Movie Nights” for the Parish
- The Council sponsors Communion Breakfasts
- We created a prayer and meditation garden surrounding the statue of the Good Shepherd in front of our Church to provide a serene and attractive setting for our fellow parishioners.
Contact John Rein
Membership Level: Chamber Member
Categories: Community Organization